Chips are the value tokens used by the competitors. They are color-coded to indicate their value.
Poker Night 1
- Green = $100
- Blue = $500
- Red = $1000
Poker Night 2
The buy in and the denominations are doubled from the previous game.
- Green = $200
- Blue = $1000
- Red = $2000
The player can buy themed unlockables that change the looks of the chips, a feature that is purely cosmetic.
Different kinds of chips are only available in Poker Night 2 and are unlockable by earning enough inventory tokens and unlocking them. Each of the chips display the typical numbers, but written in the style of their respective series.
- The Inventory: Default/Free.
- Borderlands 20 tokens.
- Sam & Max 25th Anniversary: 25 tokens.
- The Venture Bros.: 35 tokens.
- Army of Darkness: 60 tokens.
- The tops of the Army of Darkness chips have their rims lined with bones and the sides have "Klaatu Barada Nikto" written along them.
- Portal: 120 tokens.
- The borders of the Portal chips appear to display part of the Aperture Science logo.